For any questions or if you are interested in becoming a part of one of our ministries, please contact the Parish Office at (847) 949-8300.
Ministry Organizations/Ministerios de la Iglesia Santa Maria del Popolo
There are approximately 52 organizations operating at Santa Maria Parish These are separated into 8 group:
- Parish Pastoral Council
- School Board
- School Organizations
- Finance Council
- Spiritual Life
- Parish Life
- Catholic Education
Parish Pastoral Council/Comité pastoral de la parroquia
· Mission - The Parish Council serves as a consultative, collaborative and collegial body to the Pastor, and is regulated by the norms issued by the Archdiocese of Chicago.
· Members/Miembros -- The Council has 12 members, representing the 8 organizational groups which in turn represent all the ministries of the Parish. These members are:
o School Board Maria Backe
o School Associations TBA
o Finance Council Johnathan Zepeda
o Spiritual Life/ Santos Mora, Margaret Feinendegen
o Parish Life Luis Montes, Mike Grady
o Catholic Education Aida Muñoz , Maura Bodo
o Liturgy Anne Walker , David Ochoa
o Parish at Large and Commissions John Crigler
Contact person: Maura Bodo 847-566-0945 firstname.lastname@example.org
· School Board
· Description - We are an advisory board to the Principal and Pastor in the operation of the school. We use our talents, gifts, and insights for the common good of the community to promote the mission and goals of Catholic education.
Contact person: Jennifer Hill 847-274-7338 email@example.com
· School Organizations
· Athletic Association -- Provides a program for both boys and girls in the sports of basketball, volleyball, track and field, and cross country. The school is a member of the Fox Valley Catholic Conference, and follows the guidelines for elementary school athletics released by the Archdiocese of Chicago in 2011.
Contact person: Mike LaMora 847-837-0898 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Family Association -- Supports the school’s principal, teachers, staff, and parents/guardians in seeking a quality, faith centered education. Additionally, we encourage communication by creating events and activities that bring school families together.
Contact person: Meaghan Campos 847-366-0321 email@example.com
· Finance Council
This committee is appointed by the pastor to help oversee the financial concerns of the parish. Among our responsibilities, we prepare and present the annual budget, meet bi-monthly to review parish income and expenditures, assist the pastoral council and subcommittees in preparing budgets, and provide parishioners with periodic reports of the financial position of the parish.
· Spiritual Life
· Consolation / Bereavement Committee -- To provide comfort to the bereaved families of Santa Maria del Popolo.
Contact person: Ann Marie Wurster 847-566-9112 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Legion of Mary -- The object of the Legion of Mary is the glory of God through the holiness of its members developed by prayer and active co-operation, under ecclesiastical guidance, in Mary's and the Church's work of crushing the head of the serpent and advancing the reign of Christ.
Contact person: John Crigler 847-949-1754 email@example.com
· Ministers of Care -- To bring the Holy Eucharist to the sick, elderly and disabled who can no longer attend Mass.
Contact person: Sandy Quinn 847-566-5552 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Parish Mission [Lenten Mission] We assist the pastor to prepare, organize and publicize our annual parish Mission.
Contact people: Tim & Margo Rogers 847-680-6818 email@example.com
· Prayer Group -- The Group provides a special opportunity for anyone to come to know Jesus in a deeper, fuller way.
Contact person: Genevieve O´Connor 847-680-1084 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Respect Life -- To educate our church community and increase public awareness of respect for life/human life issues.
Contact person: Margaret Feinendegen 847-566-7658 email@example.com
· Youth Group Our Youth Group, Way, Truth, Life, seeks to help our young people between the ages of 13 and 18 to grow in their faith as well as their knowledge and experience of God’s love through the Church and through their interaction with others.
Contact person: Thomas Polanski 847-990-6855 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Parish Life
· Boy Scouts -- Provides educational programs for boys and young adults to build character, to train in the responsibilities of participating citizenship, and to develop personal fitness.
Contact person: Jason Brizzell 847-409-7016 email@example.com
· Cub Scouts -- For boys 7-10 years old the aim of Cub Scouting is to help boys grow into good citizens who are strong in character and personally fit.
Contact person: John Riggio 847-566-7016 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Girl Scouts -- The program encourages girls to develop qualities that will serve them all their lives like leadership, strong values, social conscience, and conviction about their own potential and self-worth.
Contact person: Anne Ryan 847-566-4517 email@example.com
· Inclusion Awareness Committee -- The goal of this ministry is to make it possible for parishioners of all abilities to fully participate in liturgy, ministries, religious education, leadership roles and social functions in the parishes of the Archdiocese. The role of the committee is to provide an ongoing effort to raise the awareness of the parishioners to the fact that there are people with various disabilities in our parish. The committee looks for ways to make them feel recognized and welcomed. The committee also attempts to identify the needs of people with disabilities and identifies the barriers to full participation in the Mass and the life of the parish. The committee recommends short-term and long-range plans to increase accessibility to the parish buildings and inclusion in worship.
Contact person: Ed Stith 847-566-7569 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Knights of Columbus -- We promote social and intellectual fellowship among members and their families through educational, charitable, religious, and social activities.
Contact person: Carl Bodo 847-566-0945 email@example.com
· Money Counters -- We meet weekly to count the money offered at the weekend Masses; to allocate the correct amounts according to the parish membership list and to arrange for deposit in the bank.
Contact person: Arthur Montesanto 847-949-5094 firstname.lastname@example.org
· St. Vincent de Paul -- We provide emergency basic needs and referral services to those who seek our assistance.
Contact person: Kathy Janicki 847-949-8300 email@example.com
· Liturgy Committee -- We plan our community celebrations that the congregation may express their faith through different forms of worship.
Contact person: Anne Walker 847-949-8300 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Altar Servers -- To assist the priest in the celebration of the Eucharist and other liturgical celebrations.
Contact person: Patti Zimowsk 847-566-7089 email@example.com
· Greeters -- We greet people with a smile as they enter the church and try to make them feel welcome.
Contact person: Dolly Cummings 847-837-8159 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Lectors -- The lector proclaims the Word of God at liturgical celebrations.
Contact person: Anne Montesanto 847-949-5094 email@example.com
· Ministers of Communion -- Our ministry assists the clergy in the distribution of the Holy Eucharist.
Contact person: Jack Losch 847-566-1029 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Music Choirs -- The ministry exists to worship God and to bring Christ’s message to our parish family through liturgical music.
Contact person: Debbie Titus 847-566-0959
· Sacristans -- We prepare and organize all that is necessary for the liturgy.
There is a different contact person for each mass.
· Ushers -- We help people find seats, manage the orderly movement of the congregation at the Mass, and help with the offertory collection.
· Catholic Education
· Baptism Formation -- The purpose of our ministry is catechetical formation of parents and godparents with regard to the sacrament of baptism.
Contact person: Deacon Dave Auld 847-949-1193 email@example.com
· RCIA -- We instruct and facilitate the growth in faith and knowledge of the Catholic Church for adults interested in becoming Catholic or Catholics wishing to complete their sacraments.
· Contact person: Maura Bodo 847 566 0945 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Religious Education -- The purpose is to educate the parents and children of Santa Maria del Popolo in our Catholic Faith.
· Contact person: Aida Muñoz 847-990-6865 email@example.com
· Commissions/Otros comités
· The Spiritual Development Commission -- We make recommendations and plan events contribute to the spiritual development of the parish.
Contact person Maura Bodo 847 566 0945 firstname.lastname@example.org
· The Communication Commision/El Comité de comunicación -- We look for and implement ways to improve communication between the parish and its members.
Contact person: Mike Grady 847-949-9903 email@example.com